September 1, 2008

Movie Review - The Strangers

Another day for a movie review I guess. Well, this time is about "The Strangers" which aired on cinemas last week, 21st August 2008. Though I don't really like to watch this kind of horror movies, or should I say I don't like to be scared or being scared by those "silly" movements, but in the end I accompanied Calyn to watch as she really interested to watch her favorite actress Liv Tyler. =D

What should I say about this movie then? Well, basically to my opinion this is just a typical horror movie which involved a typical killings with just a few stabs of a knife in the end. The rest will be the usual or common moves performed in most of the horror films, that just purely using the background sounds or make the entire scenes quite and then come out with some face/mask just to scare your asses out from your chair.

The story is nothing much the same as those usual couple-style who went for a vacation or any party and ended up staying either in motel or isolated house. And then continued to be terrified by the murderers. But at least the mask they wore can frightened you at the beginning, but feels nothing there-after. The plot is kind of dragging which involved a man and two womens (considered to be a family, I presumed) in the mask in killing just a couple (Scott Speedman & Liv Tyler), run here and there, in the end just being scared by those 3 murderers and end up got knocked down by them... and continued to be killed by them.

I don't really watch much of the horror films up to date, out of a few that I have watched thus far, I still prefer House of Wax (2005). Personally, I just think it is better if I were to compare between this two films.

H e n r i c k
The Strangers - Review

No comments: