September 24, 2008

"Switch" Roadshow @ Intel Penang

Event: Switch Intel Roadshow
Date: 23/09/2008
Time: 8:30am ~ 3:30pm
Venue: Intel Penang, PG6 Canteen

I was being called to help out in this event to promote Apple products in Intel. There are 2 days of roadshow which is very tiring. 1st day in Intel Penang and 2nd day in Intel Kulim.

It's been awhile since I woke up early in the morning to go work. The event actually starts at 10am but we just have to go there earlier for the setup. We arrived there on time and once registered ourselves at guard house, we approached to canteen to setup our demo units immediately.

It took us about 30 minutes to get ready everything before we could spare ourselves sometime to go for breakfast. Below 2 photos are our roadshow demo units (from iMac-MacBook-MacBook Air).

Our demo units

Initially, I thought it was only us who participated in the roadshow. But in the end, there are one more PC dealer participated. A dealer name PiTH (Principal IT Hub) from Prai. Their product focusing more on Lenovo, Toshiba, and some custom made PCs.

PiTH's booth

Somehow, they had brought in a really cool stuff, a F1 driving machine. Which I'm not sure how and where did they got it from but eventually this machine had attracted most of the people, it's like a magnet pulling our prospect away as they were just right beside us.

F1 driving machine

As the time passes, the crowds grows larger. And the F1 machine have eventually been filled up with those Intel-ers that had had their lunch. We still managed to capture some Intel-ers interests and got 2 quotation request in the end of the day, consider good I guess.

Trying to become Nick Heidfeld / Robert Kubica?

Some crowds at our booth

Demonstrations by one of our crew

And what surprises me was, there was also a Sunshine booth selling some groceries. Those who wants to buy some groceries cheap, can get it all from these booths.

Groceries booth by Sunshine

H e n r i c k
Roadshow @ Intel Penang

2 comments:

Vince Yeoh said...

Cool, i like the cockpit, izzit directly get frm BMW Sauber?

H e n r i c k said...

Hmm.. well, I'm not too sure about that. What amazed me was, the whole cockpit was powered by only just a USB cable. LOL.

Actually I know it's just a steering wheel and the acceleration only :D