August 26, 2008

Day 2 in KL

Today is day 2 I'm in KL. This morning is even more interesting, yesterday we have 2 person sharing a cab, today we have 3 person! Paul, the guy whom I met yesterday, he found out that one of his student from Indonesia is staying in the same hotel too. So he tagged him along this morning. It's good as we can share the fees by 3 person. But of course I paid it all today as a return favor to Paul who paid for it yesterday. Maybe tomorrow it will be that Indonesian guy's turn? Let's just see what will happen tomorrow, who knows maybe tomorrow it will be 4 person? XD.
Apparently 2 of my friends who stayed in KL haven't called me for a meet up yet. So again, after class I walked to 1 Utama again, the reason I choose to walk there is because it only took me 20 minutes walking distance, and it's far more easier to catch a cab there.

I took my dinner at Old Town in 1 Utama, speaking of Old Town, I would like to talk about the same topic namely "Old Town price discrepancy" which blogged by one of my friend, Danny about a month ago. The price at Old town in KL seems be to be more expensive than Penang too, the food is of the same rate, but some of the drinks are slightly more expensive. My most favorite Ice Blended White Coffee with Hazelnut is priced at RM7.30 while it suppose to be RM6.80 back in Penang. As what Danny mentioned, he did a research on the scenario and enquired Old Town about their franchising policies, he was told that each of the Old Town franchisee have the control over their prices but just that they a limit to it. To read more, go to his blog here.


I ordered my favorite OLDTOWN Ipoh Lum Mee + Ice Blended White Coffee with Hazelnut. But somehow, I feel like the Old Town here is not comparable with those in Penang. As I ordered the same food quite frequently, I could taste the different between them. Penang's one is definitely better! Yay! Penang is still the best, famous with good food and comes cheap! XD.

Ipoh Lum Mee + Ice Blended w/Hazelnut


Head back to hotel after the dinner. That ends my Day 2. And glad that one of my friend just called for a drink tomorrow XD.

- End of Day 2 -

H e n r i c k
2nd day in KL

4 comments:

Dann said...

wow... free publicity... =D

H e n r i c k said...

Haha. Nothing comes free, you should treat me a meal... blek =P

Darek Chen said...

there is another old town in penang around sunshine squeare there as well.. LOL

H e n r i c k said...

LoL, I know ar... I went there last Friday for dinner. Next time we can go there minum kopi... But, I still like the one at New World Park.

Somehow, when I went there last Friday, there seems to have a odor, some smells... like a dead mice. I actually told the cashier when I paid. Don't know where is the smells comes from. Maybe from ventilation?