This movie has been released for about two weeks I suppose, at least in our local cinema. As a fan of Cellular, a movie being released in year 2004, how could I possibly miss this one? Moreover it is from the same writer: Larry Cohen.
Plot: A guy receives a distress call from a random lady who is deliberately kidnapped by some brutal gangsters. (extracted from IMDB)
For those who likes Cellular in year 2004, I bet you, you don't want to miss this one! I could say this one is far more better than Cellular, perhaps the writer has enhanced on the storyline. Although some of the part could still be familiar, for say a woman with her daughter and then they were kidnapped, the main character (Louis Koo) who lives an infamous live, and a veteran cop (Nick Cheung). Some of the character roles would still be familiar.
Director Benny Chan did great in this movie, there are more stunts compared to Cellular, like the car chasing scene whereby this Connected could bring some adrenaline rush. Louis Koo, one of my favorite chinese actor, did really well in terms of emotional control, like how he used a gun in the mobile phone shop to get a charger. A complete amateur ways of using gun, I like it.
Besides, this movie features quite a lot of Motorola phones, particularly the new model A1600 PDA phone. Even at one scene you could hear the ringtone of "Hello, MOTO". And I particularly like the Tissot watch wore by Nick Cheung, quite advanced and was wondering what model is that.
Alright, this is quite a highly recommended film which you might not want to miss. For those who never watch Cellular, well... you can catch it too. It stars Jason Statham (The Transporter)
H e n r i c k
Connected - Review
Connected - Review

.jpg)
5 comments:
Both story is the same.. only actor and language different XD
Haha... storyline slightly different a little bit :P
The environment is different :P But I think I like the chinese version more :P
really??? u watch?? or... Download??
I watched at cinema lah... U haven't watch ar? :P
I just watched in cinema last night, nice and worth it... :)
Post a Comment