
Plot: A U.S. military satellite crashes in a small town and unleashes a deadly plague killing all but two survivors. As the military quarantines the area, a team of highly specialized scientists are assembled to find a cure to the pathogen code-named "Andromeda". (extracted from IMDB)
Well, first of all... this is a mini-series consist of 2 parts / episodes. Each are about 1 hour 30 mins. running time. So basically, I don't think that this movie is going to hit to our local cinema. As the plot mentioned, this movie is more towards scientific research to eliminate the deadly virus being spread across the U.S.
This movie was a remake of the 1971 film with the same title. Frankly, I never watch the version of 1971, reading some of the review saying that the 1971 version did involved much scientific researches rather than the current Hollywood trends of focusing more on actions. But to me, this 2008 version wasn't bad after all, maybe I am more suited to action films perhaps? But what I got to comment on this movie is - I quite like the beginning and the middle parts of the plot as it makes you feel mysterious, but quite boring at the end. Although the actors and actresses in this film is not of those famous stars, but overall, it's not bad to me, at least I have watched much more "wasting-time" movies. :D
H e n r i c k
The Andromeda Strain - Review
The Andromeda Strain - Review
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment