October 12, 2008

An interesting symbol

As the subject mentioned, I found a somewhat interesting washroom symbols (as below) during my trip to Taiwan last week.

Symbolizing Gents

Symbolizing Ladies

Above symbols are found in one of the restaurant located in Taipei City area, named 伍角船板 ("Five Dime" in English).

Side view of Five Dime Restaurant

4 comments:

Vince Yeoh said...

Those symbols look like drawing in Egypt...

Bengbeng said...

i guess symbols transcend languages and r effective means of communication

H e n r i c k said...

Vince: Haha, yea... when I first saw the symbols, I thought of those drawn by Egyptians too :)

bengbeng: Correct! :D The first time I went to the washroom, I wasn't aware of that symbols and was looking for one that is the usual sign :P

Darek Chen said...

hmm... nice symbol...
nice place....
... and.. have a nice day =D