April 15, 2009

PC Game: Dark Sector - Review


Dark Sector, as the name calls. This game is being released in March 2009. For the past few days, I have been spending my time on this game after work. Finally I just finished off the game today, having completed total of 10 Chapters, which is quite a long story.


The beginning of the game has given me the feeling that this is just an average game, nothing much special about it. But when I play more deeply, it started to raise my excitement and enjoyment for this game. It's not really about the plot as it comes quite a simple and straight forward enough to understand what it's all about, but what raises my attention were the combat tactics. I found my self quite enjoying as the games goes on, not only some sound effects that horrified you, but the graphics seems to be quite good enough without having much configurations needed except display resolutions and 2 or 3 effect check boxes, probably because it is port from PS3 platform. And the most important thing - fight big bosses! I like this, really! :D


Well for the plot, as I said, simple enough. It is just about some alien disease that infected humans and mutated them into monsters, as you can see in the above cover, the main character's right hand is infected and allows him to draws out a glaive as its weapon. Well, I got to say that this whole game is about this glaive, you want to beat the game, you need this glaive. There are also a bunch of varieties of guns, but the most effective and handful one - handgun ;)


Comes to the combat tactics, glaive - you can deal most of the powerful attacks with glaive. You can throw a charged glaive (+dmg), control how it flies and drives it to cut out your enemies' head/bodies. And you can even utilises your surrounding's available elements (fire/electric/ice) to combines with your glaive attacks.


What I can say is - Cool! For the rating wise, I would rate this game above average with at least 7.5+/10.

H e n r i c k
Dark Sector - Review

2 comments:

Vince Yeoh said...

For years I didn't play computer games, i'm outdated already, haha...

H e n r i c k said...

LoL, Wee Keat... I know games topic is not under your category. :)