April 11, 2009

Movie Review - Knowing


Just catch this show today. To my surprise, this movie comes good in the plot. They start with some mysterious numbers as predictions to the upcoming tragedies and keep us entertaining. At first glance, it gives the audience the sense of horror in this film but in the end it turns out to be end-of-the-world kind of movie, which is great!

I'm quite a fan of Nicolas Cage and he fit quite well with the role as John Koestler, who plays the role of a father coincidentally discovered the secrets behind those numbers written on a piece of paper that was buried 5 decades ago. Stories escalated to complexities that he wants to prevent tragedies from happening and meeting some strange people who keeps stalking his son...

The CG effects is good, flight & train crashes and to how the earth exploded. Everything's cool. Some of my friend even told me that this movie is like another "The Day The Earth Stood Still". But I guess this is better than that in terms of storyline. Maybe I'm too into end-of-the-world kind of movie like "The Day After Tomorrow" :) Speaking of which, there's "2012" coming this year. I guess it would be a great film by just looking at how the waves stomp mount Himalaya in the trailer :P

H e n r i c k
Knowing - Review

2 comments:

Mr Gin said...

Sounds good!I'm going to watch it based on your review!

H e n r i c k said...

lol.. haha, Thanks Gin! ;)