April 30, 2009

Collateral Damage

Damn, I guess this would be the most extremely bad luck in my life I have ever seen. A total collateral damage, caused by a lightning strike that damaged most of the electrical devices at home.

Luckily my baby PC still working fine but gave me a heart-attack when saw a "CMOS Failure" message during boot up just now. Then something went wrong with the boot drive priority or got messed up after the struck, causing the change of drive letter and resulted my Windows unable to boot.

God blessed, all my data were still there when I attempted to re-install my windows. After windows installation, have all my data back up to secondary drive, and prepared to reformat the computer again to set back to proper drive, I guess miracle does happens? I verified once again to confirm whether the drive is able to boot and seems like it did. And I no longer face any problem later on... phew.

Electrical devices malfunction at home as of now (still checking the rest):
1) Modem/Router - gone
2) Astro decoder for 2nd floor - gone
3) Pioneer HDD Recorder - gone
4) 1 telephone line - gone
5) ... hopefully there won't be anymore devices added to this list :(

This is really a collateral damage. :(

H e n r i c k
A Collateral Damage

5 comments:

Jia Hua said...

Wow since when lighting back home is that crazy?

H e n r i c k said...

Hmm.. yea, it's unbelievable. :(

Jessica said...

Errr....can you make a claim from TNB?

Vince Yeoh said...

Recently seem like you are so bad luck, better go to 'da siu yan' (read in cantonese) already... :-P

H e n r i c k said...

Jessica: Not possible, lightning strike is a natural disaster, I don't think TNB would want let you claim, else they will be bankrupt years ago.

Vince: Haih.. what to do? Need to pray more lor. :(