
Just found the change of Google.com icon to "Perseids Meteor Shower" and with curiosity, I went on Google about it to find out more.
I have been in love with astronomy ever since I was a kid, fascinated by the beauty of space, solar system and the universe. There are so much natural phenomenon in astronomy: comets, meteor showers, eclipses and etc. I can still remember when I was in primary school, there was once and only time where eclipse can be seen in Malaysia. I can still remember on that day itself - which considered a really big day in my life, where I witnessed the eclipse, and some photographers even took photographs of the eclipse and sell it for around RM4-5/photo. Of course, I bought few of it. :)
Just last month - July 22nd, there was a Solar Eclipse takes place and is only visible in China, Japan, India and Nepal. I wish I could eye-witness it once again but guess Malaysia is not in the right geographical coverage for that. Hence, I did the same thing - Google it and read through some great information from NASA.
Today, on August 12th midnight - there will be another eventful day where annual Perseids Meteor Shower takes place. The Perseids shower happens when the Earth passes through debris left from the Swift-Tuttle comet. Again, I don't think they are visible to Malaysia judging by the current haze conditions and the wrong timing as it will only happens around in US time midnight. Well, I guess I can only enjoy the photos published on the net after the event.
P/S: My dream of getting myself a telescope since I was a kid never fade away. I will definitely get one in the future, just afraid of Malaysia's geographical position wouldn't allow me to enjoy much. :-\
H e n r i c k
Perseids Meteor Shower
Perseids Meteor Shower

.jpg)
2 comments:
Yea, speaking of the Astrology, its the first thing i did before get started on work today. Saw the Perseids Meteor Shower's Google image, got me googling for it.
With the bad weather recently, rainy, cloudly and hazy, i dont think i'll be that romantic tonight to sit and wait, waste my sleep and sweet dreams. Unless if my gf is around, probably a different story, like this...
http://dannleong.blogspot.com/2008/08/footprints-in-sand.html
I still remember, in conjunction with the astrological feast held by my school in komtar when i was in form 1, i brought a constellation top with a glow in the dark with "Libra" on it. Soon after, my friend misread and ask me...
"Why did you wear bra?"
I then realize that my shirt was kinda like folded to a side when the wind blow, making the "bra" covering the "Li". Swt...
Wah, i talk alot. Should get back to work... =x
lolz.. nice 'bra'!! Haha. I seldom see you talked so much in comments but nice one. :D
Well.. I don't Malaysia is in coverage to see that after all ;D
Post a Comment