February 28, 2009

Critics on Canton-i Restaurant

I have recently pay a visit to Canton-i restaurant at QueensBay Mall, I'm not sure of the exact date they opened but I guess just few months ago. It was affiliated to Dragon-i restaurant, they were "sisters" restaurant to be exact.

Well, what I have to say? To my own opinion, I don't think this restaurant is worth for 2nd visit to me anymore, it would be my first and the last time. The reason:

- Foods are ridiculously expensive. What they sell? - Wanton Mee and Porridge mainly. The rest are some snacks and dim sum.

- Foods come with very small portion. I took around 5 bites to finish off just the Wanton Mee (or probably 2-3 more bites to others as my mouth might be a little bigger)

- Foods are not as delicious and tasty as the outlook seems to be.

Let me tell you how expensive it is, I ordered:
1) 1x Roast Pork Wanton Mee
2) 1x Normal Wanton Mee
3) 1x Fried "Loh Bak Gou"
4) 2x Soya Bean

Grand total (inclusive 10-5%taxes - RM53.60)

But surprisingly the time when I visited, the restaurant are quite full-house. I'm not criticizing on the consumer side, I just have "they like to chop, and we are daring them" kind of feeling. It actually makes me feel stupid for being chopped by them like this.

Probably for business point of view, I shall salute to the boss of Canton-i for being intelligently utilizes their reputation of Dragon-i and started off this Canton-i by following Wong Kok's footsteps selling quite the same menus. But to this point, Wong Kok are charging around 2 times higher than outside, still understandable. Canton-i is charging 4 times of outside prices. RIDICULOUS!

To consumer point of view, I won't be visiting this restaurant no more. What say ya?!

**Plus, whoever want to taste a very good and cheap Wanton Mee, feel free to visit my all-time-favorite Macalister Road cafe (opposite Guang Mee Newspaper HQ). Over there have a very delicious Fried Oyster too! :D

H e n r i c k
Some critics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally someone agrees with me that Canton-i is lousy !!!!! Haha...

H e n r i c k said...

LoL... who doesn't agree with you? :P

Dann said...

OMG!!! Si Pek expensive!!! I did have the intention to try it out, but after reading what you had posted, i'll go unless there's someone too rich to treat. LOL.

H e n r i c k said...

LoL.. you can always go try it out yourself then you can decide. Maybe later after you feel it then post on your blog too.. :D

no harm trying things for "first and the last time" :P