March 17, 2009

HP LCD Quality Review

I bought a HP 22" LCD Monitor modeled HP w2207h a year ago, luckily with Care Pack (extended warranty) altogether.

A year ago when I bought it, on the very first day I connect my LCD with HDMI port, as it come with one. To my surprise, on 2nd day the HDMI port broke down and I was not be able to use HDMI since then. But due to I don't have spare monitor and I got to use my computer, so I just use it for the next 13 months with VGA.

Last month, with a kind friend being able to borrow me his LCD, I sent my HP LCD to the service centre for repair. Minimum repair time as said by the service centre = 2 weeks, as they need to send down to KL for repair, not in Penang. Although in the end I only waited for 8 days, the replacement LCD seems to be working fine with it's HDMI port, I was quite happy with that. However, on the 3rd week of usage, there seems to be a dead line pixels popped up on my screen (as shown in the picture below). Darn!

Partial line pixels (don't bother the dusts as it's being shot with macro)

So, with no other option I sent back my LCD for the 2nd time of replacement. This time, it took 4 days to resolved my issue and I just got it back yesterday. Am I bad luck or what? It seems like I have to visit the service centre for the 3rd time for replacement again. I found some white waves on my LCD last nite after few hours of usage (see the pics below).

After 3 hours of usage

After 8 hours of usage

The waves are growing larger with longer period of usage. I realized that it is being caused by heat problem, some sort of overheat? Maybe... Previously I used my LCD without this kind of problem and holy shit, I think HP's Quality Controls are sucks! :(

Tomorrow will be my 3rd visit, I think the receptionist will be scared of seeing my face already. !@#$%^& Sigh.. what a luck.

H e n r i c k
HP LCD Quality - Review

5 comments:

Vince Yeoh said...

Bad quality...

Jessica said...

Yeah, dead pixels seem to be pretty common in LCDs eh. A friend of mine had it in less than 3 months on a Samsung LCD. I have a Dell LCD (19 inch) for sale if you are interested ;=)

H e n r i c k said...

Vince: Yea.. bad quality.

Jessica: Haha.. no thanks. My HP still under warranty and it is 22" with HDMI port. I need one with HDMI port. :D

Unknown said...

luckily i din buy HP as last time, my samsung still works fine

H e n r i c k said...

Haha, Well... refurbish stuff is like this I guess. And Of course, their QA is totally fail.

Even though I have get it changed and returned to me now, everything looks ok, but the power button is a little bit hard to press. So you see la, it's not flawless... surely have tiny bit of things that will disatisfied you.