March 11, 2009

Pattie Maes: Unveiling the Sixth Sense technology

I browsed into Gizmodo.com this morning and got stunned when I saw a post about the sixth sense technology developed by a MIT student.

Basically it's not the sixth sense you think like the one in Bruce Willis movie. Instead, think of Minority Report, the high-tech stuff that Tom Cruise used to play with his finger gestures on the projected hologram.

So what is this sixth sense all about?

- Imagine you have the power to snapshot photos with your bare hands.

- Imagine you could identify a product and get the review information of the quality without the need to take out your phone and PDA to google about it.

- Imagine you can play a video on a newspaper instead of just looking at a still image.

- Imagine you can simply draw a watch on your hand instead of getting a real watch.

Now.. our imagination comes true... Yes! It's no kidding, you can do that! I was like WTH.. when I saw the demonstration! It's awesome stuff and this could be the beginning of a new technological era.

Let's stop all the talk, and take a look at the video demonstration below!

No comments: