November 20, 2009

Movie Review - 2012


Been slow in updating my blog recently. Other than busy with my works and trainings, I have just resigned from my current job and shifting over to another soon, with a better prospect I would say.

Alright, let's come back to my usual movie review. 2012, I do not need to explain more on what is this movie about as it has been a recent blockbuster after several months of low movie season. I caught this show last Saturday with a luck in getting afternoon tickets, totally out of chance in getting a night tickets, it's full house!

Roland Emmerich, the director of Independence Day & The Day After Tomorrow, has get you into another world catastrophe experience, with Mayan's prediction the end of the world on year 2012. The story is awesome and realistic in the sense of earth surface sunk underneath. Which could happen to us in the future if we continually suck out earth resources too much. So , please go GREEN!

Anyway, comparing this film to its predecessor (The Day After Tomorrow). I would still prefer the latter, in the way of survivability and actions. The way I look at how John Cusack survived in each scene makes me feels like he's immortal. But I am not saying that he's not good in performing, John Cusack is quite fitted to his role as a father in this film.

Overall, the movie is quite predictable based on how we look at each of its predecessor's work. Merely on surviving and wait for stabilization and there they go, start a new life. But it is recommended to see how earth sunk underneath, which we might never have a chance to witness one in our lifetime. Probably...

H e n r i c k
2012 - Reviewed

No comments: